Create The Wedding Registry You Really Need
Working on your registry? Weddings in Houston recently shared a study of 12,000 brides in which a surprising 40 percent of to-be-weds register for items they don’t need or never used. We’d hate for this to happen to you, so The Breakers wants to help!
In the magazine, Jamie Ford offered some great tips for creating the perfect registry. Inspired by the list, here’s our favorites and some of our advice. Happy shopping!
• Check the cupboards: Before you start shopping, take a full inventory of what you and your fiancé actually have. Figuring out what you need ahead of time is better than ending up with three sets of wine glasses.
• Get ideas: Solicit opinions from recently married or soon-to-be married couples. Find out what registries worked best for them and their advice on much-needed gifts.
• Think outside the kitchen: You’ll need more than just dishes and cooking utensils once you’re officially Mr. and Mrs. Consider gear for your honeymoon and goodies for your new life together — in and outside the kitchen.
• Go in person and online: Make an in-store appointment for your first round of shopping so you know exactly how what your picking will look and feel. Then, you can always go back and add more online.
• Bring your fiancé not your mother: Mom advice is wonderful and inspiring but she doesn’t live with you, your husband will.