This Weekend: Palm Beach Food & Wine Festival Event at The Breakers!
Need an excuse to vacation to Palm Beach? We have a perfect escape. Enjoy the beautiful tropical weather and wine and dine at The Breakers for a specialty Palm Beach Food & Wine Festival event!
On Saturday, December 10, The Breakers will host a unique evening of events featuring renowned food critic John Mariani and a slew of all-star chefs cooking up an array of sensational cuisine. Attendees will also have access to special rates for an unforgettable stay at The Breakers Palm Beach.
The special event in The Breakers’ Circle Ballroom, “An Evening with John Mariani : How Italian Food Conquered the World,” will highlight dishes from celebrity chefs David Burke, Scott Conant, Michael Schwartz, John DeLucie and The Breakers’ very own Executive Chef Jeff Simms. (Pictured above, from left to right.)
and fine wine at The Breakers.
Click here to buy your tickets today!
Meet the celebrity chefs…
A well-known chef, entrepreneur and inventor, Burke is one of the leading pioneers in American cooking today. His three New York restaurants, Townhouse, David Burke Kitchen and Fishtail are a great success. The James Beard Award-winning chef also owns restaurants in Connecticut, Chicago and in his hometown, New Jersey.
Conant is one of New York’s most beloved chefs. He opened the famed Scarpetta Italian restaurant in Manhattan in 2008 and a second location later that year in Miami Beach. Both Scarpetta locations were included in the 2009 “50 Best New U.S. Restaurants” feature in Travel + Leisure magazine. A third Scarpetta location opened in October 2010 in Beverly Hills, followed by another in Las Vegas last December. He is the host of “24 Hour Restaurant Battle” on the Food Network.
Schwartz is the owner of Michael’s Genuine Food & Drink in Miami’s Design District. The James Beard Award-winning chef shares his passion for where food comes from, and always strives to let ingredients speak for themselves. Schwartz is known for excellent cuisine that is homemade and straightforward, with an emphasis on fresh, local ingredients.
Formerly a founding chef at the popular NYC restaurant Waverly Inn, DeLucie is currently executive chef of The Lion. His book, ‘The Hunger – a Memoir of an Accidental Chef’ was released in 2009 and received praise throughout the industry. Known best for his eye-opening offerings and strives to bring a unique take to Italian-American cooking.
Simms serves as the executive chef of banquets for The Breakers Palm Beach. He is the culinary mastermind behind the most savory and beautifully presented menus, and his outstanding banquet fare rivals that served in the finest restaurants in the country.
Your ticket, only $250, will include:
• Access to the Palm Beach Food & Wine Festival’s “An Evening with John Mariani” on Saturday, December 10, 2011 at The Breakers Palm Beach
• A reception featuring passed hors d’oeuvres by James Beard Award winner Michael Schwartz and cocktails by Bacardi
• A four-course, sit-down dinner created by renowned celebrity chefs – first course by acclaimed culinary maestro David Burke, second course by Food Network star Scott Conant and entree by The Lion’s celebrated John DeLucie. A special “sweet” treat, The Breakers Jeff Simms will create a sensational dessert
• Each course will be paired with luscious wines selected by The Breakers’ Master Sommelier Virginia Phillip, and provided by Premier Beverage
• A VIP Gilt City gift bag with a copy of John Mariani’s new book: “How Italian Food Conquered the World”
• All-evening entertainment by La Femme Classique and Bon Musique of Elan Artists
• As a guest of the event, you will have access to special room rates for your stay at The Breakers, $250 per night from December 9 – 14, 2011 — Reserve online here or call (888) 273-2537 to book your room today!
See also: Palm Beach Food & Wine Festival 2011 Features Five Nights of Star Chefs and Personalities in Support of the James Beard Foundation – READ MORE
Awesome post! I will keep an on eye on your blog.
Can’t wait! Really looking forward to this event…
This sounds so fun — and yummy…