A Scone Fit For A Princess (And A Prince!)
Inspired by The Royal Wedding, The Breakers’ pastry chef has graciously decided to share his scrumptious scone recipe.
The Breakers’ Weddings & Special Events Team munched on these yummy scones while watching William and Kate tie the knot, and they’d be just as delicious on your Sunday brunch wedding menu. Can’t wait? Make them at home!
What you need:
This recipe suggests using blueberries, although the berries can be substituted with any of your favorite ingredients. Our pastry chef enjoys using cranberries for an added twist!
• Create egg wash by mixing one egg together with 1 ounce of water
• Mix all dry ingredients together in large mixing bowl
• Cut butter into small cubes
• Combine the heavy cream and butter into the dry mix
• Incorporate the blueberries (or other berries) into the batter
• Using an ice cream scoop, divide batter into individual portions according to desired scone size
• Spray the scones with egg wash and sprinkle with raw sugar and cinnamon
• Bake in a 385-degree over for 18 minutes
• Save ‘em: Scones can be frozen for up to one month
Note: The recipe makes about 24 medium scones