The Verdict Is In: The Breakers’ Wedding & Special Events Team Weighs In On The Royal Wedding
The Breakers’ Wedding and Special Events team met this morning over scones and tea and watched together in awe as Prince William and Miss Catherine Middleton became The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge!
Prince William and his bride Kate leave Westminster Abbey in London as man and wife after their wedding. (Photo credit: The British Monarchy Flickr)
Click HERE to see more photos from the Royal Wedding!
With more than 70 years of combined wedding and special events experience at The Breakers, our team was delighted to see all the flawless pairing of tradition and Royal elegance with modern and personal touches. It was such a pleasure to watch a bride and groom so genuine in their feeling of love and admiration for one another. And the two kisses on the balcony – what a treat!
What we loved….
• The Dress: Catherine was a vision in Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen. The dress was traditional, yet modern, and perfectly fit for a princess.
• The quotes: By far, our favorite part of the Royal affair was this quote from The Bishop of London: “In a sense every wedding is a royal wedding with the bride and the groom as king and queen of creation, making a new life together so that life can flow through them into the future.”
Our team couldn’t agree more! Every wedding at The Breakers is like a Royal wedding and our brides and grooms are treated as princesses and princes during their fairytale weddings.
• The ambiance: Despite the thousands of onlookers outside and nearly 600 guests inside Westminster Abbey, the ceremony felt very personal and intimate. It was a Royal Wedding, but it was also a real wedding.
• The emotion: We loved all the stolen glances between William and Kate, the whispering between Prince Harry and Prince William – “She looks beautiful” – and even the comment from Kate’s father to the bride, “Are you ready?” When Kate stepped onto the balcony she said “Oh, wow!”
• The readings: Each prayer – including the one William and Kate wrote themselves – were beautiful, emotional and personal.
What we expect to trend after the Royal Wedding….
• Tradition: We hope the Royal Wedding will inspire a return to elegance with more regal, traditional weddings and the pairing of formalities and modern touches.
• The Dress: We loved Kate’s choice to go with designer Alexander McQueen’s gown by Sarah Burton! We expect to see more brides with lovely lace, long sleeves and longer trains.
• Floral: Bringing trees into your ceremony décor! It brought a beautiful softness to the Abbey and is something we expect to see recreated.
• The Bouquet: Smaller bouquets seem to be the newest trend and we loved how Kate’s included handpicked items from a Royal garden. We hope to see more bouquets with personal touches, including family heirlooms or something from the bride and groom’s home or garden.
• Bridesmaids: We loved how Kate’s sister Pippa wore white. This is a beautiful new trend we’d love to see continued.
• Music: The boy’s choir was a lovely and adorable addition one we hope to see recreated soon.
Another wonderful quote we loved, that we hope all brides and grooms will take away from this royal day: “Be who God meant you to be, and you will set the world on fire.” – St. Catherine Siena.