Wondering what to do with those delicious Thanksgiving leftovers? You’re in luck! Our Executive Chef of Banquets, Jeff Simms, is sharing his top-secret stuffing-filled muffin recipe…
What you’ll need:
- 2 each apples, diced and pan roasted
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- ½ lb breakfast sausage, cooked and diced
- Thyme, Parsley and Sage, finely chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 cups milk
- 2 each eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ tablespoon poultry seasoning
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Mix cornmeal, flour sugar, salt, poultry seasoning and baking powder in a large mixing bowl. Sauté onions and celery in one tablespoon of butter until soft, then add herbs and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together milk, eggs and vegetable oil. Fold onions, celery, apples, sausage and cheese into dry ingredients. Stir in wet ingredients just until combined. Do not over mix, should be lumpy.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and place empty muffin pans in the oven to preheat.
- Grease the muffin pans and fill each cup ¾ full with mixture.
- Bake until golden brown, approximately 12-14 minutes.
Note: Serving size is 36 Stuffin’ Muffins